Wisdom Teeth Removal
By the time most people hit adulthood, they have experienced discomfort or pain from wisdom teeth. This may be due to the fact that the average adult has 32 teeth in their mouth. However, the mouth is only made to hold 28 teeth on average.
Wisdom teeth extraction is a common dental procedure that can help correct this issue.
Wisdom teeth removal can be both a straightforward and complex process. Wisdom teeth can often be impacted, stuck, or under the gums. Our dentists will assess your wisdom teeth with digital x-rays beforehand, and determine the best way to remove the tooth. Sometimes you may need to be referred to an Oral Surgeon.
Depending on the removal procedure the time it takes can range from 30 minutes to a few hours. We highly recommend someone accompany you home as you should not drive or operate machinery until the following day.
Reasons you may need to have your wisdom teeth removed
- Damage to teeth – wisdom teeth can push other teeth around your mouth resulting in pain and bite problems
- Sinus problems – issues from wisdom teeth can lead to sinus pain, pressure and congestion
- Cysts – cysts can form around the new teeth causing damage to your jaw and nerves if not treated
- Swollen gums – tissue around the area can swell and be hard to clean, which can lead to infection
- Cavities – decay and swollen gums can become a feeding ground for bacteria causing cavities to form.
We'll take care of your smile
We've made booking an appointment nice and easy for you. Click the button below to book online.